Marvel Heroic: Earth-626
Iron Man (Pepper Potts)
Standing in for Iron Man, leading the Avengers, founding the Avengers Academy Initiative, and running Stark International, Inc. Busy woman.
- Solo: d6
- Buddy: d10
- Team: d8
Pepper has spent much of her adult life operating in a close, tandem relationship with one other person towards mutual goals, so she quickly and easily aligns to that dynamic. She can and does operate quite competently leading a team of hundreds, even thousands, as she does so every day at Stark International. Pepper’s real challenge is when she is alone, with no one else to stand up for or assist, and no one to help her either. Especially in the case of heroic activities, she is going to falter a bit.
- Hear me roar!
Pepper is a woman, and don’t anyone forget it. Definitely don’t be stupid enough to think less of her, her ability, or her determination because she’s a woman. This one goes pear-shaped for her when what she actually needs is to show the face of an actual male, or when showing a female persona would be best and she can’t because she’s in the suit.
- I can do this …
Pepper has been watching Tony do this hero stuff for years. It doesn’t seem so hard. She ought to be able to do it. So, sometimes it’s a d8, ‘cause she’s confident and in control. Sometimes it’s a d4, ’cause “Whoa, what the Hell, this is CRAZY!”
- JARVIS to the Rescue
The one benefit for Pepper getting into this whole heroics business is that while she may be a newbie, she’s going inside the suit, which is complete with all kinds of aids and assistance and autopilot options which can get her through a lot of things. Of course, sometimes there just aren’t autopilot options to cover what needs to happen next.
- Cybernetic Senses d8
Pepper’s Iron Man suit is outfitted with the most advanced sensor arrays ever devised by Tony Stark, matching the last Iron Man suit he developed before M-Day. This includes various light wavelengths, energy types, radio frequencies, even gravity sensors, etc.
- Enhanced Reflexes d8
Pepper’s Iron Man suit includes suit-based gyroscopic pilot-assist systems, making her far more agile and quick-responding in the suit than she ever could be out of the suit.
- Superhuman Durability d10
Pepper’s Iron Man suit has advanced defensive systems, including refractive armor coatings and the armor itself. She is generally safe from anything short of significant superhuman threats inside.
- Superhuman Strength d10
Pepper’s Iron Man suit has augmented actuators, granting her prodigious superhuman strength.
- Siphoning Power: On a successful reaction against an energy-based attack action, convert your opponent’s effect die into a Powered Armor stunt or step up a Flight and Weapons Systems power until used in an action. If your opponent’s action succeeds, spend 1 PP to use this SFX.
- Reallocate Power: Shutdown a d10-rated Powered Armor power or a d10-rated Flight and Weapons Systems power to step up a d10-rated Powered Armor power or a d10-rated Flight and Weapons Systems power to d12. Activate an opportunity or participate in a Transition Scene to recover the power.
- Sealed Life Support Systems: Spend 1 PP to ignore any stress, complications or trauma resulting from environmental conditions, including cold, heat, pressure, vacuum, radiation, etc.
- Powering Down: Shutdown Powered Armor to gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. the doom pool to recover Powered Armor.
Flight and Weapon Systems
- Supersonic Flight d10
Pepper’s Iron Man suit is capable of transsonic flight, equaling that of some of the fastest and most advanced fighter aircraft in the world, and the pilot-assist systems are exceptional.
- Weapons Systems d10
The primary and best-known weapons system of the Iron Man armor are its signature repulsors, delivering directed force-based energy beams from either the palms of the armor’s gauntlets, or directly from the central emitter on the armor’s chest piece, just above its built-in arc reactor. Also included are a built-in laser projection weapons system, especially useful when burning through a target, or by directing its emitters in a wide array to strike multiple targets, and a wide array of various missiles in usually-concealed launcher pods, including the shoulders, the backs of the gauntlets, hip-pods and on the back. Though dramatically smaller than standard military ordinance, they are highly advanced, and just as destructively capable.
- Light Control d8
Representing the Iron Upgrade 5xp unlockable, this upgrade is active for all of Act II, and represents enhanced light emitter arrays added to the armor during the repairs after the Raft breakout (Act I).
- Unibeam, aka ‘Fire All Weapons’: Step up or double Weapons Systems on your next roll, or spend 1 PP to do both, then step back Weapons Systems for the remainder of the scene. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.
- Area Attack: Target multiple opponents. For every additional target, add d6 to your pool and keep +1 effect die.
- EMP: Target multiple-tech based opponents. For each target, either add a d6 to the Doom Pool or step up the lowest die in the Doom Pool by +1. Roll Weapons Systems + Doom Pool as an attack action against each target. Shutdown Flight and Weapon Systems powerset. Activate an Opportunity to recover or recover during a Transition Scene.
- System Overload: Shutdown most recently-used Flight and Weapons Systems power and gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.
- Reduced Power: Lose the ability to create stunts, resources, or assets, or to use Weapons Systems SFXs, to gain 1PP. Recover ability by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.
- Business d10 Master
Pepper is an excellent businesswoman. Tony Stark’s right hand for years, she was the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Stark International before M-Day. Since M-Day, and Tony Stark’s disappearance, she has arisen as the CEO at the request of the Board of Directors, heading one of the most powerful corporations in the world.
- Tech d8 Expert
While Pepper is no Tony Stark, she has been surrounded by his technology and his company for most of her adult life, and more than a little knowledge and skill has rubbed off in that time. In addition, she has full access to the technological knowledge of the entire Stark International company and all of its employees, including direct access through the JARVIS artificial intelligence assisting her in the Iron Man armor.
- Science d8 Expert
Pepper is no scientific genius, but she does have over a decade of experience watching the science – and super-science – of Tony Stark and the Avengers unfold. In addition she has the full resources of Stark International and their applied and theoretical science teams to draw upon, including direct access through the JARVIS artificial intelligence assisting her in the Iron Man armor.
- Vehicle d6 Novice
Pepper has some skill with the Iron Man armor, as she has been training, but she doesn’t have nearly the skill Tony Stark does.
- Combat d6 Novice
Pepper has started developing some skill in combat, including both her own self-defense classes and training with the Iron Man armor and weapon systems. But she has a long way to go.
- Psych d8 Expert
Pepper is a very bright woman with a lot of study and experience with people, understanding who they are, what they want and need, and finding ways to help those around her in crisis, including some of the powerful traumas and challenges Tony Stark has faced. She is very, very good with people.
- Politics d8 Expert
One cannot run the day to day operations of a multi-national corporation, especially one the size and might of Stark International, without becoming an accomplished political animal. Pepper doesn’t quite have Tony Stark’s brash arrogance and natural charisma, but she definitely has the mind to read a political situation and know how to approach it to her own benefit and that of her company. And she’ll tend to build up less resentment than Tony’s methods in the process.
There’s a New Sheriff In Town The loss of so many heroes left the world out of balance. It is time for a new group of heroes to step up. 1 XP the first time you team up with another hero. 3 XP when you create an asset for another hero or remove a complication on that hero. 10 XP when you agree to form a new team or when you reject being part of a team and go your own way.
Not On My Watch
There are dozens of super-powered criminals in the Raft. You won’t just stand by and let them run free.
- 1 XP when you inflict stress on a major prisoner attempting to escape from the Raft for the first time.
- 3 XP when you prevent a prisoner from escaping from the Raft.
- 10 XP when you track down a prisoner who escaped from the Raft or let that prisoner go for the greater good.
Following the Clues
This prison break wasn’t random. Someone was behind it and you’re going to find out who.
- 1 XP when you find a clue leading to the mastermind behind the Raft attack.
- 3 XP when you you use the clue as a basis for a resource to help you.
- 10 XP when you defeat the mastermind behind the Raft attack or choose not to engage in battle to learn more.
“The world needs Iron Man.”
Pepper believes it. She has seen what the world is becoming, without its heroes. And she has the chance to help. To step in. To step up. The world won’t respond to ‘Pepper Potts, Armored Wonder’ the way it would Iron Man. He can be, he is, a symbol of hope. Granted, Captain America is so a hundred times more, but there’s no way she could cover that gaff. But she can have a suit built, outwardly the same as the Iron Man armor, but inside fitted for a whole new physiology. Her physiology.
“I am Iron Man!”